We're going to walk you through the process of unpairing your Apple Watch and iPhone, whether because you want to sell your watch on eBay or get a new one. It's not as hard as it sounds!
Unpairing the Apple Watch and iPhone is a simple process, but it can be difficult if you don't know how. We’re going to walk through how to unpair your Apple Watch from iPhone in just a few steps.
How do I Unpair my Apple Watch?
First things first, let's make sure that you're actually ready to unpair your watch and phone. You can only do this if:
Your Apple Watch is paired with an iPhone running iOS 12 or later (the latest version).
Your iPhone has at least 50% battery life remaining (note: if it doesn't have enough battery power then there's no need as it won't work anyway).
You’re wearing your Apple Watch and the screen is unlocked with a passcode or Touch ID. You're ready to go! Let's get unpairing.
How to Unpair Apple Watch from iPhone
Step 1 Go to Settings on your iPhone.
Step 2 Tap on Bluetooth.
Step 3 Tap on your Apple Watch at the top of the Bluetooth list.
Step 4 Tap on Forget This Device.
Step 5 Tap on Delete from My iPhone.
Backing up your Apple Watch and iPhone is so important, but it's easy to forget to do. Here are some ways you can make sure you have a backup plan in place:
- Set up iCloud backups on both devices. When you set up an Apple Watch, it will prompt you to enable iCloud backups. You also need to enable iCloud backups on your iPhone as well—this is done by going into Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > Backup & Restore, then turning on Back Up Now for iOS devices (and Macs if applicable).
- Make sure each device has enough storage space available for these backups; otherwise, they won't work properly. In addition to the full-device backup when an Apple Watch is paired with an iPhone running iOS 10 or later version of software, there are also smaller backups that occur continuously throughout the day so any changes made at any time can be reflected on other Apple devices using the same login information's account."
- If you have multiple Apple devices, you can use iCloud to easily sync files, photos and more across them. When an iPhone is paired with an Apple Watch running watchOS 3 or later version of software, a full device backup occurs each time the phone is connected to power for more than one hour. This way, if something happens to your phone or watch that would otherwise cause data loss (like water damage), it will be backed up automatically on both devices."
How to unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone
- Tap on your watch in the list of devices
- Tap on the "i" icon at the top right of the screen
- Tap on "Unpair Apple Watch"
- Confirm by tapping "OK
You can unpair your iphone watch in just a few steps.
Unpairing your iPhone Watch is an easy process. You can unpair your Apple Watch by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Select Reset from the list of options that appears on the screen, then tap Reset Network Settings when prompted to confirm. This will cause you to lose all Bluetooth connections made since the last time you restored your iPhone (or since it was new). It's a good idea to do this if you're having problems with setting up or using any kind of wireless device, like headphones or speakers---those devices should pair with other devices again afterwards just fine.
That’s all there is to it! Unpairing your Apple Watch is a simple process that takes just a few minutes. Once you’ve unpaired your devices, they will no longer be connected to each other. However, if you ever need to pair them again in the future, it’s easy—just follow these steps again and choose to “Pair with iPhone.”